Monday, September 12, 2016

Hey folks it's Sister Rendon....

Hey folks it's Sister Rendon....

First of all THANK YOU for all the love and the letters and the prayers and reading my e-mails;)

Also on that note I kind of put anyone who ever said anything about wanting to be on my group emails here, so if you want to take your name off the subscription list I won't be offended...;) Also I can add folks too if they desire:)

So as of the last week

-I studied a lot. broken up by a few trips to the lunch room. 
UPDATE ON THE ORANGE JUICE: It's not fine. 

-Also I have made a game out of matching people's outfits...sometimes it's planned...sometimes it's not. 
Attached to this email you'll see a 'who wore it best' MTC version. No worries, I already know the clear answer is Sister Linford. 

-My district has become family at this point. All except for the fact that shaking hands is the only sign of affection we give. They are great and bring me lots of laughs and spiritual insights. This week especially they have been the Lord's number 1 tool for answering all my prayers. I'm already heartbroken that I have to leave them!

-I got to host new missionaries yesterday. It was incredible...it's hard to believe it was only two weeks ago that I was being dropped off. I can already tell that this is the best thing I ever could have done. 

MORE GREAT NEWS. 

-Elder Neil L. Anderson came to the MTC on Tuesday and man oh man his message was so true. The punch line of his talk was 'Missionary work is not complex, but it is not easy.' How true is that. I know exactly what I need to do to be a successful missionary but developing the faith and strength to do it is the difficult part. I am trying though...my favorite scripture I've found during this MTC stay is Mosiah 2:21...'I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another- I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants.' 


That is so true...there will never be a day that I can repay my Heavenly Father..or a day that I can pay my debts to the Lord...but if that's true I don't want to spend an ounce of my time serving with less than my whole soul. So ONWARD EVER ONWARD AS WE GLORY IN OUR KING. 

Another focus of this last week was Joseph Smith. Holy cow that man didn't only give his life in the end, but every second of it before. He's an inspiration, and a latter-day prophet. To study his life is an amazing thing and it truly has helped me realize the immeasurable value of the Gospel. 


The MTC is fabulous...and I only have a week left..so I'm going to buckle down, study hard, and get ready for Fresno California. My sweet mission president sent me an email this week...and I'm not exactly sure when I'll chat with you guys again it could be next Monday...!


I love you all. 

P.S.-To my family at the fair...they are doing construction here at the MTC and sometimes it smells like sawdust...and I think of you and smile:) GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK. 


A little note from Sister Padilla: 

Sister Rendon is the most amazing companion I love her personality and how she likes to talk and introduce herself to everyone, because I am always worried to approach people, but she cares about everyone, and I just love and appreciate her so much, and her ability to play sports. Just lifts my spirits everytime I see her,

^^^^^^^^^^^
She's making fun of my volleyball playing abilities here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment