Monday, January 22, 2018

The cost of a complete mission.


                                                                     

                                     





Well folks.


I had a lot of opportunity to reflect this week.

That legendary Sister Kelly that you heard four months of hearing about returned with honor to her family this week.


She is incredible and has suffered a lot of physical pain for a lot of months on her mission, she prayed months ago that she would be well enough that she could reach her year mark on her mission.

She did hit her year mark last week, the next day she got a call that made it evident that it would be best for her to return home, that same day we had exchanges planned.

As we talked a significant portion of our conversation was the cost of a complete mission.

I've felt so impressed that the cost of a complete mission is NOT 18 months, not even 18 months plus an extension, not 24 months or in reality any amount of time.

However, the cost of a complete mission is ONE whole heart and it is paid to the Lord.

Sister Kelly is an incredible example of serving with all of her heart, might, mind, and strength and I look forward to moving forward as I follow her example of GIVING ALL.



We served in the Orchard as a zone this week and we served in the vineyard. Which means I should probably take this opportunity to share a scripture from Jacob 5 where it talks about trees and a vineyard...but there isn't time for that.



The members here are taking us in so well.

Here are some of the true acts of love they've shown us this week.

-gave us shout outs in all the sacrament meeting prayers.

-gently slapping our shoulders in the 'what a pal' type way

-told us 'too much information' stories...but I guess that means we have their trust.



So many other things too.

We had exchanges.

I continue to be blessed by my revelation from earlier this month, when I was focused on my missionary purpose my Heavenly Father reminded me to remember my missionary motive which is LOVE for Jesus Christ.

He truly is at the center of it all.



I love you all so much.

I know that Jesus Christ and a whole heart given to him is a saving combination.

LOVE YOU.  



No comments:

Post a Comment