Monday, January 29, 2018

FRESNO BEAST ZONE GOES TO THE ZOO.













I've wanted my whole mission to feed the giraffes at the Fresno zoo. Dreams do come true. 
...anyway despite the fact that I've been waiting so long to feed the giraffe's and it actually was super cool here are some things this week that were even better than giraffe feeding. 

-I went on exchanges with Sister Jordan to the good old Kings Canyon Ward. Wow...that ward is something else. It was good to be there again.
-I was just casually greeting people at stake conference and then a member from Mountain View ward walked in. She was baptized when I served there a year ago. It was so fun to see her and then even better we were able to go on team-ups and she worked this area with Sister Sheffield and I for a couple of hours. It was so cool...sharing testimony is a powerful thing. 
-Sister Sheffield and I gave a training at zone conference....and let me tell you at 10:20 on Tuesday night things were not looking so good for us....but it actually turned out SUPER WELL on Wednesday. Our training was on helping members be member missionaries we came up with this catch phrase called 'share your fruit' anyway members benefit from the fruits of our missionary work, we benefit from the fruits of their missionary work. Anyway this whole mission is just going to have dreams of me yelling about sharing fruit and making fruit salad with members. It was so fun though! 
- It's 8:50 on Sunday night and we have found absolutely no investigators this week, and reporting a 0 for the week sounded horrible. So instead of dropping off a thank you note we end up knocking on the door of a part member family we barely know at 8:52. The husband was SO prepared. We taught him a principle he literally asked us for a commitment and we set a return appointment. Heavenly Father was so good to us. 
-We had this regional conference thing...I'm not sure if Utah was a part of it or not. Anyway I guess it turns out that Elder Christopherson of the quorum of the 12 has the gift of discernment from even states away and even when he is talking to literally states full of people. He shared this scripture I super needed to here.
 17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

The work here is going so well. This area is on FIRE! 
I LOVE YOU ALL, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND REMEMBER I AM PRAYING FOR YOU ALWAYS! 
LOVE, 
SISTER RENDON

1 comment:

  1. Sister Rendon and family! I was the woman that she mentioned from the Mountain View ward that we happened to see each other at church and did a team-up with her companion. She's very wonderful!! I'm so glad that I met her and see that she's doing well! I was very touched by our time in the afternoon as they worked in their area to contact people.

    ReplyDelete