Monday, October 9, 2017





       "We're not baskin robbins, but we have good Sundays."



David Hernandez, Matt Demp, Manuel Pompa, Ruben Gonzales, Petra Hernandez, Sister Rendon, Sister Burnside











                           Elder Jones , Sister Burnside, Sister Rendon, and Elder Lilly's forehead.



Well, well, well. What a week. 

It ended with transfer calls. 
I'm leaving and I'm sad about it. 

but of course Ruben came along and made it better.

This is him after we broke the news that I was leaving right before sacrament meeting began......

Brother Hernandez: *shares 'the news'
Ruben: deuces *accompanied by a peace sign. 
Ruben 1/2 a second later: Just kidding we are going to miss you. 
Ruben a little bit later: Sister Rendon what town are you from again.....?
Sister Rendon: Hooper 
Ruben: That's a good name for a son. I could name my son that. (Also Sister Burnside is from highland and he thinks that is a really good name for a girl)
Ruben even more later: Sister Rendon I just wanted to call and say thank you and bear my testimony. 

He did both of those things and it was so incredible. Honestly watching Ruben's conversion has changed my life. If there were words to put it in, I would try but honestly there just isn't . Ruben is walking, breathing, talking, proof that miracles do exist, that the atonement of Christ is real, and that anything is possible with faith in the Lord. 

proof that fasting works: 
This Sunday I had already found out where I was being transferred and President Mackay had told me a little bit about the area. With that information and the extra boost of a new transfer I decided to fast for the focus on BAPTISM. We were in the church parking lot after church and President Cox came out. Tulare ward member. Also former mission president. Also former MTC president. also current member of the Fresno temple presidency. Because of his current calling he doesn't normally attend the tulare ward...which just adds more to this miracle. As I shook his hand I asked just one simple question.....which was..."What is the best advice you have for a missionary." Which led to basically zone conference in the church parking lot. My goodness he got excited about missionary work and wow you can tell he is incredible. When he arrived to Mexico as a mission president his mission was 17th lowest baptizing mission out of 21 missions in Mexico. When he left it was number 1. 

He said so many incredible things and gave us lots of great advice like. 

"When you kneel down to pray you say, 'Heavenly Father we are here to baptize.' "
"You write baptism on a paper and you put it above your bed. You put it in front of your study desk." 
"Sisters you commit to a baptismal date on the 2nd lesson. When I see your investigators I won't be afraid to ask them what their date is." 

honestly I could go on and on and on about the advice he gave us, because he went on and on and on while he was giving it to us. It was honestly so enjoyable though. I left the parking lot with a wildfire going on in my bones. It was incredible as he was talking to us he taught us about all phases of missionary work...finding, teaching, baptizing, retaining. 
IT WAS SUCH A BLESSING. 

leaving tulare is going to be hard. just like leaving any other area....but I'm excited to see what the future holds. plus I got a lot of invitations to find people on facebook so that was a blessing. 


I LOVE YOU ALL. 
thanks for everything. 
if you have any problems, read the Book of Mormon. 
I love you!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment