Monday, September 12, 2016

You have to read the whole E-mail.

I felt all sorts of bad about not sending a good email last week and then I get on this week to get approximately half an email. So I don't feel that bad anymore...come on humans. You can do better than this;)

This week was something else. Ha missionary work is insane and I love it. 

Super sorry about last week still though, here is the email I sent my mission president about the realest miracle that happened last week. 
This week was incredible! Sister Murray and I had been working hard and for awhile it seemed like to no avail. However, our Heavenly Father blessed us to witness some miracles this week! My favorite thing that happened was yesterday when Sister Murray and I had felt prompted to visit a former investigator. He was shocked at the timing, when he had been taught last time it was a very difficult time for him because he was in the middle of recovering from a brain injury. This time Sister missionaries stopped by days after his wife had been diagnosed with breast cancer. He told us he needed proof to believe in God and when I asked him if he had been praying that day (based on a prompting) he told me he had been praying that day more than ever. I told him he could look at Sister Murray and I showing up as good luck or he could accept that it was proof that the God he had been praying to did exist and was preparing him to learn something. I am so excited to continue working with him and I will strive consistently to be worthy to feel the spirit working through me the way that it did on this occasion! This week boosted my motivation to do the Lord's work and reminded me of the immense privilege it is to be able to do this work! My prayers are with you and Sister Clark!


I'm just going to talk about this week now, but in backwards order if that makes sense. 

Preparation day as missionary is great. Shopping is really just trying to avoid worldly influences in the grocery store. Which means Sister Murray and I have riveting conversations about candy bars instead of looking at magazines and I say a lot of prayers that no One Direction songs go on over the loudspeaker. 

Yesterday was Sunday and because we are in two wards Sister Murray and I get the pleasure of six hours of church. Which really is great because you always get two chances to learn the same thing and the people are so great. I am genuinely being real about this, sometimes one time is just not enough and you get to hear insight from twice the people. It truly is great! I am also super grateful for mints which are essentially breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Sundays. 

Saturday: Here in the CFM there is a church owned vineyard so we literally got to labor in the Lord's Vineyard on Saturday. Reason #3967 the Church is true- This vineyard is enormous and all of the grapes are dried out and made into raisins and then used for humanitarian efforts all over the world! It was incredible. Something I LOVE about being a missionary is that you truly learn how to serve with all of your heart, might, mind, and strength. Wickedness never was happiness, but serving others truly is happiness. Also...perks of literally serving in the Lord's Vineyard: All you can eat grapes.;) 

Friday: Friday is weekly planning. Which means we spend a large portion of time planning for people to receive the restored gospel. If your going to plan for anything you might as well plan for that...right? yes. Then we went about meeting great people. 

Thursday: THURSDAY WAS INSANITY. Here's the thing we had a lesson with a anti-mormon in a golden investigators clothing (a spin on the wolf in sheep's clothing thing). It was really a fairly intense situation and here is the thing that I think everyone needs to know about this experience... The Lord IS with his missionaries. He has provided strength to me far beyond my own. It has been truly been mesmerizing how much he has done for you, me, and every human being that ever did, or will live. I will never be able to put into words what he has done for me, or how much I love him, or how much he loves me, or how much he loves you. However, "The Living Christ" does a pretty good job about putting something that can't be put into words, into words. 

Wednesday: Wednesday was Zone conference. I loved it. We focused on teaching from the heart. I know it's hard to believe because the message of the restored gospel is the most incredible/life changing news a person can ever receive....but sometimes it gets difficult to teach from the heart. President and Sister Clark are so incredible and the assistants are fantastic as well. 

Tuesday: I went on exchanges. Which means I left my area, I loved it but I also would be okay if I served in my area for the next eighteen months. I LOVE IT HERE. 

I love you. I love you. Read your scriptures. Say your prayers. You will be blessed. 

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-05-01-they-gave-up-their-christmas?lang=eng

Have a great week!

Also last week I got sick of not being able to speak spanish to people so I just decided to give it a try.....great news. The man told me he would read about the plan of salvation that night in his house, and his boss is mormon. Go ahead and call me Hermana Rendon;)

****I just found out this Elder in my district was a Serbian model, how great is that.*********

No comments:

Post a Comment