Saturday, December 16, 2017

Sit down before you read this one.



                                                                                   December 11, 2017



Hello family. 
I love you all so much and it's important that you remember that. 

In hopes to avoid too much anticipation I'll just say it now....
I have chosen to extend my mission for 30 days. 
I was supposed to return home on February 14th, now I'll be home 30 days after that- honestly I haven't even taken the time to figure out when that day is. 

I have to be honest this isn't something that I've always wanted. To be truthful when I got to the MTC and I saw the card that told me I would return on the 14th of February, I didn't say anything but I thought to myself....'well, that's a little bit too long. I'll probably do that thing where you go home a little early so I can start school.' 
Clearly that changed over time and it's been quite some time that I've been thinking to myself...'February 14th....that can't be right. I need more time.' 

Obviously my mission has changed me and I hope that you can see whenever I do get home that it has changed me for the better. I promise my mission and especially the last 30 days of it has and will allow me to be a better daughter and sister. 

I already know that the gift of these 30 days will be the greatest gift for me this Christmas, but the 2nd would be your support. 
I wish I could be more eloquent, I wish you could know how I truly feel not only about my mission but also about you. 

I LOVE YOU and I'm excited to see you and
I'm excited to keep serving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment