Wednesday, November 8, 2017

This week was soooo good.



                                                   November 6, 2017


















okay. okay. okay.

I'll try my best to tell you all the reasons why it was so good. 

-BROTHER MILLS. I have felt many many times that I've been in specific areas for specific people but never like this before. Brother Mills lives in the same apartment complex as us, he was a street contact we had met and as we talked to him he mentioned that he had been a mormon before. We didn't have a lot of time but we set up a return appointment. When we went back we learned more about his past. At one point he had been a super active member of the church. He had gone to the temple, held callings, all of it. The reason he left is because he had expected to find an eternal companion...and long story short he hadn't. He told us he had tried to go back to church a couple of years ago but he found out that it wasn't going to be as simple as he thought because he actually had entirely removed his name from church records. As we taught him we could tell that he had an incredible testimony, he had been missing the church, and what stood out most to me was that he was needed in the Fresno 5th ward. I told him that he needed to come back, not only for himself but for everyone else because he has sooooo much to offer the ward. The next time we met him he told us about this time that he had visited the Elder that taught him in Utah shortly after his baptism. While he was there this Elders mom said that she felt inspired to share with him the same words that Christ had shared with Peter. That Satan desired him, to sift him as wheat, but when he was converted he was to strengthen his brethren. It's been such an incredible experience teaching him. I'm so excited about it. 

-KEVIN AND ANITRA. Sooooo once again the Lord put me right where I needed to be. It was Saturday, I was getting all sorts of anxious because we had only found one new investigator so far and I was not about to end the week like that. We went to go talk to a super solid potential investigator and the beginning of the conversation went so well and my heart was beginning to take courage....well cue the jealous girlfriend to come in. Who basically kicked us out. Anyway we decided to go talk to someone else in the area who I was significantly less excited about. Anyway we go over to the house and the person we were looking for wasn't there...but his dad who is nick-named Jabber was there...and let me tell you that man can jabber....and also his friend kevin was there. Kevin was so awesome he literally just gave us his address and then asked when we could come teach him. We taught him a little bit then and went to his house yesterday where we had an awesome lesson with him and with his cute wife!!!! So all is well that ends well. 

-Halloween happened but really we just had a mission leadership council where we talked about how we could effectively start using the Christmas initiative and we got permission to start listening to Christmas music.....so I feel as though Merry Christmas is much more appropriate than happy halloween. 

-BYU came and played Fresno State which provided all sorts of cool things but mostly a devotional with the President of BYU with whom I had a good chat with about the missionary work in Fresno 5.2, and mark wilson (who is a big enough deal to make a whole family of non-members come to the devotional and be super solid potentials) brother mills went and kenny and a whole bunch of members from the north stake who I was excited to see. 

-We had lunch with Sister Mackay and toured the new mission home which is basically a temple. 

-fasting still works. I was fasting to be prepared for the zone conference this week with a member of the 70. I wanted to get as most out of it as possible. Shortly after I ended the fast I heard from President Mackay that I would be one of the missionaries he interviewed. 

-exchanges were a really good time. 

-I'm so excited to be a missionary for christmas. 

- I love being a missionary. 

-I love all of you. 

-Thanks for reading. I'll be back next week. 

I LOVE YOU ALL. I really love the gospel, I love seeing the Lord's hand in my life and seeing him lead me right to where I need I need to be. I know that HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR US but I also know that we see that more and feel that more and are benefited by that more when we turn to Him. 

Have a good week!  

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing missionary! We miss you here in Tulare!!

    ReplyDelete