Monday, September 4, 2017






We will start with the list of do's: 








Do: Buckle up. Because this story about this couple named Tasia and Thomas is ridiculous. Sister Burnside and I had dinner with some members a couple weeks back and committed them to place a copy of The Book of Mormon. (you know the book....the one with the blue cover on the outside....and the words of eternal life on the inside.) Well because Tulare ward members are grade A with a capital A, they totally did it and invited us to go see the man they gave it to. Well we show up to meet Thomas and Tasia. AND THIS IS REAL LIFE STUFF. Thomas and Tasia start telling us their love story and basically it is this. We knew each other for a week, things were going well so we decided......hey. let's get married....but only if we both become Mormons. So they get married that very day. The next week our members give them a copy of the Book of Mormon. Then Sister Burnside and I show up this week and then they are going to both be baptized this month. Teaching them is sooooo fun. 
Here are just a few of my favorite quotes from teaching them......
Thomas: Ya. I read the pamphlet. LIVING PROPHETS AND APOSTLES. WOW. YES. THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN I THOUGHT. 
Thomas again: There is another pamphlet..... How many more are there??......this is JUST like when I was a kid and I just had to wait for the next edition of my favorite comic book.
Thomas a little bit more: So.....when is the fastest I can be baptized?

Do: Take a second to be amazed some more by Reuben with me. Reuben is incredible. We started off this week with a lesson about the priesthood and he seemed a little off. He called us later in the day and asked if we really thought the church was right for him. We assured him all we could but ultimately we had to leave it to the Lord. We asked Reuben to pray about it and then we met with him again and taught fasting and asked him to fast with the members yesterday. He called us yesterday setting up the time for his baptism sooooo committed to the date. He'll be getting baptized this month too. 

Do: PRAY FOR THE CFM. We are reaching for the stars this month with a mission goal of 127 baptisms. A real quote from an Elder I really appreciated this week. "IF YOU AREN'T REACHING FOR THE STARS. YOU AREN'T REACHING HIGH ENOUGH." true. true. In honor of being committed to this goal Sister Burnside and I are going to be inviting at the very least 127 people to church this week. 


And now a  list of donut's: 

-This glazed donut in my hand
-this donut shaped bun in my hair. 

As always it has been a good week in the CFM. 
I can't help but be grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with. 
INCLUDING YA'LL. 
HAVE A GOOD ONE. 
AND STUDY YOUR SCRIPTURES. 
i love ya'll. 

--Sister Rendon




No comments:

Post a Comment