Monday, September 18, 2017




BE AN ORGAN DONOR, GIVE YOUR HEART TO JESUS



                               


                              


                       





After quite some time in the field, I finally decided how to creatively caption my emails. 
There is no shortage of religious puns on all the local church billboards in these parts. 
I decided I'd take advantage of them... 

Well let's talk about Ruben giving his heart to Jesus this week. 
HIS BAPTISM WAS SOOOOO SPECIAL. 
Doesn't he look so happy?? 😊

Well, I'll just go ahead and tell you about how he felt he looked. 

These #realquotesfromRuben all feature his baptismal attire...

Us: You'll be dressed in white from head to toe. 
Ruben: IMMA LOOK LIKE A Q-TIP

*Ruben looking through the rack of baptismal jumpsuits. 
Ruben: It's looks like I'm about to be married....except I'M GOING TO BE THE BRIDE. 

*Ruben coming out of the restroom after changing
Ruben: I LOOK LIKE A GHOST. 

Well as far as I know whatever else he may look like.....a q-tip, a bride, a ghost. He looks happy and he looks pure. Even more than that he IS happy and he IS PURE. 
During the talk on baptism we looked over and saw a couple of tears fall from his face. He told us that it was just hitting him that he really was going to be cleansed. It was such a sweet week. He had his mom and step-dad come to the baptism and they came to all three hours of church yesterday too with his brother! We are super hoping that we can start teaching them too. 

some more quotes from Ruben for some more fun. 

*explaining what a mission president is
Me: He just helps us out and teaches us how to be good missionaries. 
Ruben: You are good missionaries. You don't need to be teached to be good missionaries. 

*on the phone
Ruben: I'm a fan now. I'm a BYU fan now. You sisters have got me hooked. 
Which is funny because neither of us ever mentioned BYU to him and now he loves BYU. He calls at lets us know how the football team is doing. 

One of the recent converts in the ward baptized him. It was SO GOOD. 

Well Ruben's conversion was a miracle. (every conversion is a miracle)

but we also saw some other miracles this week too. 

We had an incredible experience last night. 

We haven't been finding new investigators very well these last few weeks and last night I was getting a little bit flustered and wee bit restless because I just wanted to find. We had just stopped by a potential investigators house but he wasn't home. So Sister Burnside and I decided to pray about where we should go to open our mouths. Almost right after I had prayed and we opened the map a specific neighborhood came to mind. It was literally on the complete opposite side of Tulare but we both felt that we should go there. Once we got there and prayed some more we went to the very first house. It was Amelia...she has been missing church, wanting to go back, and she has been looking for peace. It was super cool and we have a return appointment with her next week! We also found another sweet potential, he and his wife have been looking for a church. ISN'T IT SO COOL. Jesus Christ has a church, and missionaries. Long story short. Prayer works. 

P.s. on exchanges this week we had a family treat us to a Chinese buffet. I was on exchanges and Sister Matua and I feasted. We were literally walking out at 6:00 and still finishing up our last bites. 

so many blessings this week. 
love you all!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment