Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What? Why? How?

What the fetch am I doing? How the fetch am I going to do it? Why the fetch am I going to try?

All the thoughts that are going through my head as I start on this blogging adventure. 

Well the what's easy...


-I am starting a blog. An online journal of sorts. 

The Why is where it starts to get confusing


-
1. Why do I feel the need to share about my adventures on the internet?

2.Why would I start a blog when I get embarrassed by reading a journal from a few years ago just to myself. 

3.Why would I give myself another place to compare myself to others?

4.Why would I start a blog when the only title I can think of is..."This is real, This is me, I'm exactly who I'm supposed to be."
*I don't even know who sings that song. 

Well I am still not 100% certain but I have made an attempt to answer all the above. 

1. Somedays I think I live a pretty normal life, than I realize that what I have is actually pretty extraordinary. I've had some pretty amazing opportunities thrown my way. I have had some pretty amazing people walk into my life. I have learned a few pretty amazing lessons. So that is why I feel the need to share my adventures, because my adventures are not ordinary they are EXTRAORDINARY. & I bet if you look closely yours are too. 

2. Yes, I truly did blush when I looked at my journal and saw just how much my little seventh grade heart would have lovedddd to be noticed by a boy who does not even phase me now, but then I laugh and think to myself oh how much I have learned since then. I want to be able to see my progress I don't just want to look back and see who I was but to see HOW I have transformed and grown and WHAT exactly made me do it. 

3. Truly as a girl in this world I live in it's hard to not walk down the street and compare myself to a passerby. However the people who's blogs I love following most aren't comparing themselves to others. They are just sharing their GENUINE happiness about the life they have been given. 

For Example

Once upon a time I wandered across a blog entitled BELLA IN BERLIN. Then I loved it. There is a funny thing about this blog it is the complete opposite of her comparing herself to others. The posts I love most..the ones from on her mission are all about serving others. 

4.Let's save this answer for just a little while. 

After all of that thought I was still not convinced as to why I wanted to do this so here are a few other ways I have used to persuade myself....

-I'm taking a creative writing class, I'll just use my blog for practice.

-All the cool kids are doing it. 
      *All the cool kids are referring to two of my best friends and some cousins who still count as best friends. 

-When have I ever needed a logical reason to do something in the past. 

-YOLO. 

Ha. & one more serious reason as to why I finally decided to do this. Emphasis on finally because the idea has quite literally been rolling around in my head for months. 

(I also feel the need to mention that when I use the word literally I will always mean figuratively.)

So while the thought of a blog has been rolling around in my head for months so has the 13th Article of Faith. 

(I should also probably mention I'm #MORMON)
"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Like I have mentioned before I believe that my life is filled to the brim with things that are virtuous, lovely, of good report of praiseworthy and simply put I would like to make those things very easy for others to seek after. I have so many blessings and I am ready to share all of the wonderful things in my life with others. Yes, through a blog I can only share those things in words but words can be a powerful thing, and I hope that I always share what I have through my deeds whenever the opportunity arises. 


So that is what brings us to the answer to #4. I hope you didn't forget about that one. 

4. All I thought I needed was a good title before I had convinced myself to start a blog, but honestly when I laid all those reasons out there I didn't really need a good title what I needed was good content. I hope that whom ever reads this finds content that once again is virtuous, lovely of good report, and praiseworthy. 
So basically what I'm saying is I haven't found a title for my blog that I love, but I no longer feel like I need one. 

So now How the fetch am I going to do this?


-Answer: I'm going to share all the things I love about my life. Don't get me wrong there are some things that I don't love about my life and I'm sure that they will be mentioned from time to time but those are not the things I want to focus on or the things that I want this blog to be about. 

So there is the What, Why, & How. 

So Lindsey is saying HELLO to whoever chooses to follow along I hope you enjoy. 




2 comments: